In order to promote excellence in various areas of new and renewable energy technologies in the State, the Government of Kerala has constituted the “Kerala State Renewable Energy Awards” for the first time, from 2017. In connection with the First Renewable Energy Award conferring ceremony, the Agency for Non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology (ANERT) in association with CED is organizing a one week long “Akshay Urja Ulsav” – Kerala Renewable Energy Festival (KERF 2018) from 21st to 28th February 2018 ant Thiruvananthapuram. The main objective of the KREF 2018 is to create awareness on Akshay Urja among various sections of the community and promote capacity building of various institutions dealing with Renewable Energy Systems including the local government institutions.
The following programs will be conducted as part of KREF 2018.
- KeralaRenewable Energy Exhibition (KREE 2018) – 24th to 28th February, 2018 at Sooryakathi Fair Ground, Kanakakunnu Palace (Products marketed by the Empanelled Trunkey Agents of ANERT and the promotional activities undertaken by various Govt. and other institutions working in the field of Renewable Energy)
- Kerala Renewable Energy Congress 2018 - 26th and 27th February at Kanakakunnu Palace Main Hall (A National Level workshop on ‘Technological Advances and Innovations in Renewable Energy Systems” with the participation scientists, researchers, planners, policy makers, developers, NGOs all over India. It will be a will be a thought provoking process facilitating sharing experiences and success stories from scientists, researchers, planners, policy makers, developers, NGOs, media etc on technological advances and innovations in the area of Renewable Energy Systems and is expected to identify future research and policy needs for promoting Renewable Energy Systems in India and will suggest some action programs for achieving the goal.)
- Workshop for Local Self Government Institutions – 27th February at Museum Hall – 10 programs in 5 Days (For the people’s representatives and plan coordinators of Urban and Rural local bodies from all over Kerala)
- Business Meet and Workshop for High-end Domestic Consumers - 24th February (Introducing technologies, manufacturers, traders and consumers, discussion sessions, demonstration of products etc.).
- Akshaya Urja Prayan rally through residential areas in Thiruvananthapuram Corporation, Nedumangad & Neyyattinkara Municialities – 21th to 27th February (To publicize the event and creating awareness to the public on Renewable Energy Systems.
- Short film Competition on Renewable Energy theme and screening – 26th February at Museum Hall (Students, amateurs and professionals in the field of visual communication)
- Mass Campaign and Competitions on Renewable Energy at Museum & Zoo Compound, Gandhi Park and Shanghumugham Beach -24th and 25th February (To publicize the event and creating awareness to the public on Renewable Energy Systems among students and general public).
- Folklore arts (Singarimelam) performance with renewable energy theme in Thiruvananthapuram Corporation, Nedumangad & Neyyattinkara Municialities - 24th to 28th February (To publicize the event and creating awareness to the public on Renewable Energy Systems).
- Media seminar – 28th February at Kanakakunnu Palace Main Hall (Workshop on Role of Media in Renewable Energy promotion)
- Renewable Energy Award Conferring Ceremony at Kanakakunnu Palace Main Hall — 28th February
The details of the various programs available in the following Links: