“International Social Development Seminar”, a summer internship offered by Nihon Fukushi University, Japan under the leadership Prof. Saito, was hosted by CED, Thiruvananthapuram during Aug. 8-12, 2017.
This seminar was formally inaugurated by Prof. V.K. Damodaran, Chairman, Governing body of CED, on the 8th Augut. at 9:30. The major academic program included are:
- Kerala – A Fact File: Dr. Vinod TR, CED
- Kerala Development Model at a glance: A Review: Prof. (Dr). N. Remakanthan – Member Kerala Local Government Commission
- Political and Social Development in the context of India:Ambassador Shri T.P. Sreenivasan
- Visit to JNTBGRI, Palode and interaction with Scientists and Workers
- Know-it-all on site discussion with the Chairperson and Secretary of Vattiyurkav Cooperatrive Bank
- (in the AN) not only gainfully engaged the class whole day long but was a sampler of the foothills of the Western Ghats and a busy coop bank in the city of Thiruvananthapuram.
- “Kudumbasree” movement Kerala: Ms. Hema Pravin
- Social protection and Care Programs in Kerala: Prof. Dr. P.K.B.Nair
- Visiting to Manickal Panchayat (led by Dr. Vinod TR and Sri. P Baiju) for an interactive session with the elected members.
- Role of SCERT in school curriculum development in Kerala: Dr. Bindu
- “People’s Science Movement in India and Kerala : Mr. T. Gangadharan,
- Visit to Kattakada to see and know the “Jalasamridhi” project activities (led by Dr Vinod TR and P. Baiju).
- Review of the outcome of the internship program: Prof. Saito and Dr. Babu Ambat
Ms. Fujusaki, Yukiko, Ms. Ikeda Mai, Mr. Kayano Navoki, Mr. Miura Oshiteru, Mr. Ogata Kazumi and Mr. Oguma Makoto